Concept | Principles | Mindset
Our educational work is …
- critical. We question social relations of power and inequality: Racisms, sexisms, neoliberal approaches and other mechanisms of exclusion and exploitation as well as discriminatory structures.
- learner*-centred and participatory. Content, topics and methods are oriented towards the interests, wishes and prerequisites of the learners*.
- feminist*. We address gender-specific forms of inequality and oppression – in their intersectional dimension.
- enjoyable. Learning can and should be fun. The fear-free and creative approach to learning content is both a method and an objective.
- resistant and transformative. In recognition of our society as a migration society, we resist nationalist, Eurocentric, monolingual simplifications!
- adult oriented. Against the infantilisation of learners*, against the schooling of learning, against the neoliberal logic of exploitation and evaluation!
- critical regarding knowledge. We reflect on power dimensions in pedagogical relations and our position as teachers* within them. We are all knowing!
Teaching staff at the LEFÖ Learning Centre (pdf, 105 KB, in German)
Certificates & Network
wien-cert for LEFÖ
LEFÖ has carried the quality mark for Viennese adult and continuing education providers since December 2012 and was recertified in December 2021.
Accreditation of basic education
The basic education offer at the LEFÖ Learning Centre has been accredited by the Adult Education Initiative.
Certified adult educators* in LEFÖ
Since September 2011, three LEFÖ staff members* have obtained the wba certificate (wba stands for Weiterbildungsakademie Österreich). This certifies a high level of competence for the adult education sector, which has been successfully demonstrated.
ÖSD Examination Centre
LEFÖ has been an ÖSD examination centre since 1997.
Examinations with ÖSD Certificate: A1, A2, B1, B2
Common European Framework of Reference
Both LEFÖ’s courses and the ÖSD examinations are aligned with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
LEFÖ participates in the SprachenRechte network, a network of experts from science, theory and practice that advocates for the protection of language rights.
Transnational Expert Forum Language and Migration
LEFÖ is a member of the Transnational Expert Forum Language and Migration, an independent critical forum of experts from Germany, Austria, Switzerland and South Tyrol/Italy (DACHS), who work in academia and in teaching and training practices in the fields of migration work, German as a second language and promoting integration and who also question the legal link between the German language and residence rights.